When the Weinheimer Group performs your flooring inspection, you can expect that it will be thorough. The person or company ordering and paying for the inspection, may choose to limit the scope of the inspection process depending upon the reason for having the floor inspected. As expert, certified inspectors, even should you choose to limit its scope, the flooring inspection will be thorough.
Why is a Flooring Inspection Performed?
- There are many reasons for ordering flooring inspections. A homeowner or property owner may have a carpet, hardwood, laminate or specialty floor that is not performing properly. They want to know who is responsible for this failure.
- A home or property owner that commissions an inspection might ask to have everything from the product to the installation thoroughly investigated and tested.
- If a flooring installation company has commissioned the flooring inspection they may only want to know if the installation meets industry standard.
- A manufacturer might commission the inspector to only test for and investigate concerns as it relates to manufacturing or they may be looking for the cause of a flooring failure be it product, site, installation, specification, maintenance or abuse.
- A commissioning party may want to know if the end users expectations are too great for the product and the installation environment.
Weinheimer group flooring inspections are always thorough.
Flooring Inspection and Inspector Knowledge
- The knowledge of a retailer, decorator or contractor is different than that of an inspector. While others are dealing with specification, sales and installation, the usual time for a flooring inspection is after it has failed. As a result the inspectors knowledge needs to be much broader.
- Flooring installer knowledge is installation of the product and their personal experience, not inspection.
- An experienced, expert floor covering inspector such as Kevin Weinheimer and Terry Weinheimer know the ins-and-outs of how flooring products, installations and expectations.
Professional flooring Inspection companies should have certified flooring inspectors, certified by associations such as NWFA, NALFA, FCITS. The Weinheimer’s are trained and certified by multiple organizations. Terry and Kevin regularly attend conferences, updates, training and conventions to keep abreast of the most recent changes in products and the latest techniques in structural, environmental and maintenance concerns. The Weinheimer’s know what and what will not affect the performance of a flooring product or flooring installation and understand the cause and extent of why flooring systems can fail. This in depth training gives The Weinheimer Group an edge when it comes to solving floor covering problems.