Analyzing the Cause of Wood Flooring Failure
Wood flooring failure analysis is used to determine the cause of a flooring problem. There are companies such as the Weinheimer Group that specialize in analyzing flooring failure.
When a wood floor fails, the home or building owner wants the problem addressed. Often, they will call their dealer and it ends up in the beginning of a blame-game. The dealer blames the homeowner or manufacturer. The installer blames the installer who in turn blames the manufacturer. As the blame-game continues, The homeowner says “I don’t care whose problem it is, I just want the flooring problem taken care of.”
Taking care of a wood flooring problem may require the services of an unbiased expert. In Oregon and Washington the Weinheimer Group is a certified, independent, non-bias company that is frequently used. The expert will visit the installation site to observe the concern. They will not base the results on observation alone. As a major part of analyzing a problem, the expert will perform an in-depth investigation as they gather information. They perform onsite testing, product and installation related technical research. The end goal is to find the cause of a problem and put an end to the blame game.
Wood Flooring Failure Analysis Include
- We visit the site where the floor is installed.
- We discuss your concern, perform a visual examination and onsite testing.
- The documentation and standards for the installed product will be reviewed.
- We document our findings.
- You receive a written report that includes our findings and a conclusion.
Analyzing flooring failures has been a specialty of Terry and Kevin Weinheimer for over 30 years. Terry was the first person in the Pacific Northwest to pass the National Wood Flooring Association test for hardwood flooring inspections.
Why You Need an Expert
- There are hundreds of exotic and domestic wood and bamboo species.
- There is a large variety of wood floor manufacturing and installation techniques.
- Wood flooring products range from solid wood flooring, engineered floors, laminated wood floor products and more.
- Flooring installation techniques include nail down, glue down, glue and fastener, and floating floors to name a few.
- The variety of flooring products and installation techniques bring many possible problems. They range from gaps, cupping, buckling, cracks to delamination, lifting, denting, scratching – to finish problems, moisture, maintenance, grading and more.
Why You Need The Weinheimer Group
- The Weinheimer Group is a proven floor failure analysis expert. For Terry Weinheimer, his early certification training was with NOFMA – The National Wood Floor Manufacturers Association. Later, Kevin and Terry Weinheimer received inspector training through the National Wood flooring Association – NWFA.
- The Weinheimer Group was the first inspection company in the Pacific Northwest to be Certified by the NWFA.
- The experience of Terry Weinheimer, as a floor covering inspector began more than 40 years ago and Kevin Weinheimer has been inspecting floor coverings for more than 25 years.
- The Weinheimer Group has been providing flooring inspections in Oregon and Washington since 1990.
- The flooring industry continues to introduce new products, this is an ever-changing industry. Even with the years of experience, Terry and Kevin continue to invest in continued education, remaining current on change.
Wood Flooring Failure Analysis Clients
Our clients include:
- Flooring manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and installers.
- Floor covering retailers, architects, builders, and developers.
- Insurance companies, attorneys, building owners and homeowners.
Schedule and Inspection
In need of settling a claim with your installer, dealer of manufacturer. Do you want to prevent or are you already involved in a legal action? Our wood flooring failure analysis may be just what you need to settle a claim.
The Weinheimer Group will perform wood flooring failure analysis and onsite testing to identify the cause of the failure. Upon completion you will receive a written report, documented with photographs and/or supporting documents to resolve a claim.
Fill out the inspection request form. We will contact you and discuss your concerns. If we believe it would be better to recommend a different way of handling, you claim we will do so. If you are not in our service area and it would be prohibitive to travel to yours. We will make recommendations.
What Else Does The Weinheimer Group Inspect?
In addition to wood flooring inspections Terry and Kevin are certified experts for laminate floors, resilient floor covering, luxury vinyl floors, cork floors, carpet, and specialty floor coverings.